Hot Sails MauiDa KineZuidwest6Sean Ordonez Shapes

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gaastra factory China

I got a smile when I saw this picture of the Gaastra factory in China. As with many products from there they looked very good to the original ;-)

I live close to the "original" building. The water entrance gate in the town called Sneek.
Gaastra took the outline of the gate for their logo.
In this small town Gaastra sails started making their sails. Boat sails, and later the windsurf sails.
As kid I visited their small factory many times, and it was nice to see how they worked on the sails of Robby Naish, Pete Cabrinha and many others. My dad bought overthere one of the first cambered race sails. It was originally made for Jill Boyer. With her sail number I raced over the local lakes :-) (Guess it was US-30 ?)


No comments:

Post a Comment