Hot Sails MauiDa KineZuidwest6Sean Ordonez Shapes

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Grow your own & tapas

On our last day in Portugal we went a little more inland to pick some fruits at the small farm my parents in law have. I love going there. I love being able to pick the best oranges and just eat them fresh of the tree.

Just like the Fool's Garden song ;-)

My favorite tree at the farm.

A batch to take home.

The advantage of growing your own. You never run out of wine ;-)

The surroundings are also very nice. There is a nice lake just in front.

I usually hate windless days, but the reflection in the water is just amazing when there's no wind at all.

On our trip home we had a stopover in San Sebastian. An amazing place if you like food. Of the six 3-star Michelin restaurants in Spain, 3 of them are in San Sebastian. The city has more Michelin stars per capita than any other city in the world. But not only the Michelin star restaurants are a reason to visit San Sebastian. There are a lot, and I mean A LOT!!, of amazing tapas bars. You can see that it's all about quality in this city. We normally hop in and out of several bars when we are there, but this time the weather really sucked. So we sticked to one bar and tried almost everything ;-)

Here are some of my favorites:

Foie gras.

Squid with spicy marmalade. "Not spicy sauce, spicy marmalade", the waiter said. And from now on, I wanna dip my eggrolls in spicy marmalade, because it's heaven ;-)

Sweet potato chips. My little girl's favorite ;-)

Can't wait to go there again....

No comments:

Post a Comment